Saturday, August 25, 2007

Don't have a Cow - Man?


Well I do!! Because I've now finished Old McDonald and his cow!!! Now that I think about it, the song about Old McDonald is kind of rude - isn't it? Do people go around calling someone "old" to the point that the word "old" has actually became a part of their name? In fact, do you actually know what his real first name is? No you don't. But you do know that he is "old". I know that I would have a few words of wisdom with someone who felt that I was now so "old" that they were going to replace my name with the word "old"! That reminds me of a conversation I had with Michelle the other day about the fact that she was feeling so old. Now I am only a very few measly years older than Michelle - but she has always insisted on telling me that everyone older than she was - was actually "my age"!! She was kidding - or at least she better have been. Ha-ha. So anyway Michelle was telling me how old she was becoming and I had the great pleasure in telling her that I felt bad about her impending old age - however, that while she was aging - that I hadn't aged a day!! In fact, if anyone asked my age that I was going to start subtracting from my actual age!! I heard that age is a state of mind anyhow so I should really be telling people my mental age (wait no one would ever believe that number. ha-ha). But if age is really a state of mind, I believe that making finger puppets has reduced my age a couple of years at least! If you don't believe me, give it a try. The mere fact that I have been sitting in my living room with finger puppets on every single finger making them have conversations amongst themselves has got to have helped me turn back the clock. Now that I read that in print, however, it just sounds a little crazy. Anyway - take a look closer look at Mr. Marty McDonald (had to give him a name after all):

The right eye looks a little larger than the left and he doesn't have much hair - but remember he's no spring chicken after all!! Using black yarn kind of makes him look like he died it for the ladies (well, Maggy anyway).


Pretty skinny cow, but I think he's pretty cute - especially the horns and those crazy ears! He cracks me up!!!

Now you know that George always needs to get in the picture and he had a great idea to show his best side - let me know what you think!!
It's kind of funny that I have cat that knows how to Vogue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would definetly have to agree that calling mcdonald old is rude. That would be like someone calling you granny annie!!! thought the post was great and now i think that it may be time for marty and maggie to have marty and maggie jr!!