Monday, July 7, 2008

Hey Baby!! What's UP?

Well here I am wondering where the time has gone since I've last blogged. We are all unpacked (well mainly - the boxes in the basement don't count right?!). A lot has happened to us since we talked last. What do you ask?

Well, George thought that it was important for us to have new carpet in the dining room and formal living room. He peed all over the carpet so we had to put new carpet in. Of course it happened the week before we were going to have a big party at our house (How does he know?)!! He was mad at us for visiting my mom and dad for a long weekend and then Todd left for a business trip. So George did his business all over the rug in protest. When George wants to make a statement - he makes himself heard. Who says that George can't talk?? Well Lowes came through again. Who would think that we could buy carpet and have it completely installed in less than a week? When we pulled up the carpet (and Todd treated the are) we found out that the old owners had just covered up pet stains without treating the area so that was probably what prompted the carpet peeing. Normally George is a shoe pee-er (never on the carpet) and darn it if he isn't good at it too. When very angry his aim can be very good and hit entirely inside the shoe so that when you put your foot in you get exactly what he left for you! This is a note to the wise when visiting our house - if you step on George's toe, be sure to hide your shoes. Here's a picture of the new carpet:

I like it better than the original. Of course, it is off limits to George. Oh well, he has a lot of house that he can visit (and he is still under servailance [wow I spelled the right without spell check. I rock].

The second new thing is that Todd is now the big 4-0. That's right I'm now married to a guy who has seen the other side of the hill. I'm wondering what is over there, but since I'm only having anniversaries of being 29 now - I'll probably never know. I'll just have to take his word for it. We had a "Canada Day-House Warming-Birthday Party." We had a pretty good turn out - about 30 people! Todd put a keg in the keggerator in the garage with Molson Canadian (What else did you expect? Kokanee? Well maybe but that wasn't available!). I made a double batch of Gail's potato salad (which is the best potato salad in the world by the way - not mustard based - but it has pickle relish - yumm I'm getting hungry just thinking about it), pasta salad, chips, watermelon and Todd grilled the bratts. I know that the food was a hit because it was all gone. Well except the cake - maybe it was the grim reaper that was on the top of cake. I had to rub it in after all - he is 40!! If he doesn't have a sense of humor now - he never will (You can't teach old dogs new tricks after all). Here's a picture of the reaper and his henchmen:


Of course, Todd had to just tell me about the beer and how good it was ...other than getting a few drops off his mustach during a quick kiss (which he caught onto way too fast) ... that takes me to our next set of news: I'm 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow!!! People say that I'm glowing. I think that is just because of all the weight that I've gained (ha-ha). We have gone through so much to get to this point!! We are so happy!! We had to go through a battery of tests and finally decided to go to Invitro Fertilization (IVF) - that is a test tube baby (using my eggs and Todd's sperm) to those not in the know. We had to do pills, then shots - at times 3 per day, then one intermuscular shots with a 3 inch needle into the bum - all given by Todd. Let me tell you - he would make one good shot giving nurse. I never could have done this without him (other than the obvious reason). With the whole process being only a 25% chance per cycle - we are very fortunate that I got pregnant. Don't worry I'm taking it easy. Todd won't let me do much of anything and I'm not lifting anything over 15lbs. Plus with being this tired is a great excuse to be a bum. The problem is that I really want to do stuff and have to hold myself back. Once I get past the 12 week mark, I'll feel a little better. We have seen the heartbeat and the baby now is looking more and more like a baby. Take a look at our last ultrasound:

Look the baby looks like a teddy bear!!

So I know that I haven't talked about knitting. I am still working on the baby blanket for my girl friend. I know that I need to get more serious - but I do have until September (Yah, it's going to be very close). I'll keep everyone informed with the progress of the blanket and the baby!!

Who loves you baby? We do of course!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! And what a year you two are having! The MOL is certainly excited!

-the one who told the MOL