Saturday, May 19, 2007

I'm Tanked!! Are you?

I've made two tank tops in my history of a knitter and I just finished this little striped pink number last night at around midnight. You know when you get on a roll and don't want to stop knitting?!! When you are so close to finishing a project that you can't stand it?!! That's exactly as it happened. I found the pattern on MagKnits - here's the path because I can't seem to get the link function to work properly and it's driving me nuts (it's free so go for it! I think that I may actually make some more in other colors.): "http://magknits.com/July06/ballet.htm"

Side Note: Don't you hate it when computer directions are supposed to be so "easy" and you follow them exactly and they don't work? This seems to happen to me all the time. It simply can't be me, or is it? Hmmmmmmmmm........

So here is a picture of my new tank. It was a self striping yarn, which I have to say striped beautifully in the correct areas without me even trying (so maybe I have no luck with computers but better luck with knitting. I would rather have it that way anyway).


It also has a nice shape in just the right places.


George says that it smells good too!


I actually got the size right. This is the first project where I took my measurements, did the gauge swatch as you are supposed to do and adjusted the actual stitches per inch to the pattern and it actually fits. I was very nervous and almost took it apart a couple of times because I sure that it was too small. But I think it actually fits quite well. By the way, it was interesting to take the picture of my back without looking, but wanted to show you that the back turned out good too!

Good thing I cleaned my bathroom this morning. That's my toothbrush in the bottom of the picture!

Here's a couple of pictures of the other tank that I made. It was a really fun pattern with a series of changing knits and purls to make the pattern across the front. I wasn't made in the round so I had to sew it together (which I hate by the way). It went much slower due to having to check the pattern every other stitch to know where the knits and purls were. But it was actually kind of fun to do. It has a much straighter shape and is actually a bit short on me. I don't like the new styles where all the clothes are cut off in order to show off my beer gut. I say if you are over 21 years old and/or don't have abs of steel - cover up your stomach. No one needs or wants to see that! Even "I dream of Jeanie" covered her belly button!" But then she went on to a divorcee in Harper Valley PTA!! Oh well, back to realty away from TV Land!


Cute Pattern across the front.


Here's that mustard colored couch again...which means it was made in North Carolina. Now there is a place where tank tops need to be worn pretty much 24 - 7!!

7 comments:

mother-in-law said...

Really lovely tank tops! I especially like the self-striping one and it fits you SO nicely. Looks as though you've lost weight??

What wool did you use? I typed in the link but couldn't get it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela - You have been doing great work. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to see if "other" worked.

Good for you Dar! I learned something new. Thanks.

Angela Kay Knitter said...

Just an FYI for all - It's not possible for me to edit comments. It's just like real conversation, once it's been said - it's out there for all to read. However, I found out it is possible for me to delete comments. If you've written something that you want deleted - let me know and I'll delete it for you.

Kelli said...

I really like the red tank that you did. Very cute. Looks very good on you I must say.

Anonymous said...

Ang,
One of the cutest tops I have seen!!! Can't wait to try it.

Nancy said...

I love your new tank! Its very sexy on ya woman!