Saturday, June 2, 2007

Fuzzy Slippers to the Rescue!!

So I decided to knit the slippers before the bikini because I was going crazy not knitting. Plus I had to wait for the elastic/cotton yarn to arrive. The slippers knit up really fast because the pattern call for size 15 needles! It felt like I was knitting with broom sticks after knitting with size 3. Plus they are so large that they look like you are making slippers for Paul Bunyan. Side Note: Our Grandma lived in Brainard, MN where there was a Paul Bunyan Park that she used to take us to when we were young. There was an enormous statue / figure of Paul Bunyan that always amazed me. Paul would speak (mouth moved and eyes blinked, and I think he even turned his head, and one arm was raised by a pulley and rope system. He was amazing to a little kid!!) and call me by name and say, "And there's Angela here to see me! Ho-Ho-Ho!" Ok maybe that last part was Santa. I was little, who can remember such things? But I remember my Grandma telling me how all the ladies in town would be knitting a new hat for Paul Bunyan or sewing a new shirt. If Paul were here today, he could fit into my slippers....that's all I'm saying. They look huge. Take a look:

Here they are on my bed. OK, maybe not that huge - but too big for permanent footwear, that's for sure.

Here they are before Felting with George (my cat ruler).

I felted them last night after going to the movie "Mr Brooks." Side Note #2: Check it out, it is such a good movie. Fairly graphic (Michelle you would like it)!! But it was so good. You never knew what was going to happen next. You have got to see it. You definitely won't be bored. But it still had me on the edge of my seat last night and I couldn't sleep. So if you can't sleep, the next best thing is felting. It's like laundry with a kick - since you end up with cool felted stuff. So yes, I was felting at midnight - I may have a problem :-).

After Felting with George! Not a great picture, but it was late. I think George has the look on his face of, "What are thinking about felting at midnight? Go to bed already." At least that's what I think. He felt better after a midnight snack - but still he looks a little annoyed:

Maybe it is the fact that I am wearing wet felted slippers that smell like wet wool. His treat was in the far right bowl on his little kitty table. Here's some better pictures of my fuzzy slippers:

I think my feet feel like dancing in fuzzy slippers. So if you ever can't sleep - try knitting or better yet, felting to the rescue! Now I had to go hang up these slippers to dry - they kind of felt soggy.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Freaking CUTE Slippers! I have a pattern for felted slippers that I picked up last fall...on my list of "to-do's". I like the fuzzy aspect of yours a lot!! I'll have to think about that when it comes time to knit mine.

And I agree...2 thumbs up for Kevin Costner and William Hurt in Mr. Brooks! We just got back from seeing it. Lots of good "startle" scenes to make one suck in their breath!

Nancy said...

oh, yeah...what yarns did you use for these?

Kelli said...

Hey....those look like they would fit me real nice........
I love them!!!!

Angela Kay Knitter said...

I used Caron Felt-It color 0007 (So it wasn't a surprise that it Felted Really nice and quick)Evening Mist and Fun Fur #209 Mango.

Anonymous said...

I think your site is great I am going to show all my friends...Just from this I can tell you are the perfect woman for todd!!! great job how can I order the slippers?