Saturday, June 16, 2007

Hola Amigos!! Me gusta Salsa Mucho!! How-o About-o You-o?!!

What does salsa have to do about knitting you ask (I know my husband did)? Well, nothing exactly. Except, that I got a chance to go to a party last weekend and two things happened there: 1. I got to show case some of the items that I had knit (which is always a great feeling) and 2. My friend (Yes, I have amigos - I know it's hard to believe for me too) served a fresh salsa that was out of this world!! So I thought since she was nice enough to send me the recipe, I would be nice enough to share it with you. Be aware that you may not be able to stop eating this salsa until you run out of chips. So plan the size of the batch is good for one large size of bag of chips or you make sure that you have another bag handy just in case. Mi Amiga made a double batch, which is a two chip bagger size batch, and was pretty much gone by the end of the party. Also at the end of the salsa eating escapade, you may be a bit gaseous. Mi Amiga didn't wait until the end of the party and was pretty much letting everyone know that, "It's her party and she'll fart if she wants to, Fart if she wants too, Fart if she wants too, You would fart too if it happened to you! poo-poo-poopoo-poo!"

Here's the recipe, exactly as it was sent to me:

Black Bean Salad

2 cans black beans - rinsed and drained
1 can of corn - drained
2 large tomatos…..diced
1 large avocado diced
1 purple onion diced
1/2 cup cilantro diced
3-4 tablespoons of line juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper

You decide how big you want the pieces when you diced each item.

Now, after reading through this recipe for the first time, I giggled and thought to myself, "Should I do it? I just have to!" You know when you see that spelling error and you just can't resist giving the person a hard time. So of course, I mischievously answered the e-mail as follows:

"I just tried the recipe and am having trouble getting the juice out of the lines. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I've tried different inks and even different paper, but still nothing. Help!"

I still smile a little just basking in the glow of my humor (maybe again, it's just me). Who needs enemies when you have friends like me. Haw-Haw-Ha! (that's my evil laugh).

Since this is a knitting blog - back to the regular scheduled knitting topic.

I am only half done with the bikini bottoms now, because my bottom seems to need more knitting than the pattern originally called for. I am still knitting and hoping that it will cover all my assets. I think I'm on the right path to get to the bottom of it (ok, that will be the last really painful pun in this blog entry - the others will only be rated as moderately painful). So I better change the subject:

I watched an episode of Knitty Gritty that had a great pattern for a hat that I am going to definitely make. It's called "Man's Best Friend". Go ahead - Click the link - I know you want to. Eveybody is doing it. It'll be fun.... Anyway, enough peer pressure...Here's a picture of the hat:
They call the tassels dread locks and you twirl the yarn and then knit them into place. Cool huh? They even have a pattern for a matching dog sweater. I know what you are thinking, George doesn't need a sweater...but maybe he would want one anyway. I'll ask him later (he can't read so he doesn't know about it yet).

That's all I know for now - so I'll leave you with this little piece of advice: "Remember, where ever you go, there you are!"

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I'll have to try that salsa. Sounds very good!!!

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd tell you I tried the salsa and it was great! I couldn't get cilantro or an avocado but it was still good. Remember--I live in the boonies of northern Canada and we can't always get everything in the stores!! By the way, did you try the cranberry-brie nacho dip?

Really like the dreadlocks toque! :)