Sunday, July 1, 2007

Happy Gradulations!!

I'm sorry that it's been so long since I've blogged (I hope that I haven't forgotten how!). Last weekend I went on a 6 hour drive to the Twin Cities to visit my BRO and SIL for their son Jake's High School Graduation Celebration (hence the title). So I took some pics to preserve the occasion. I know you are dying to see what my family looks like so here they are:
So - can you see the resemblance?

There was a little disagreement over the cake. Jake thought that the cake was for him....

....and Michelle thought that he should share - well at least the frosting.
Jake said he agreed and then made a break for it....with the cake in tow!

So gradimication parties are a great opportunity to visit some of the knitting that you've made and given away (it was nice to see family too :-). I had knitted Michelle a Safari Coat for Christmas this past year, but the pictures had accidentally been erased by my delapitated computer. So even though it was in the 80's and way too hot for a coat, I took out the coat and snapped some pictures of it. I'm really proud of this coat. I got the recipe (oops that was from the last blog)....I mean pattern from Creative Knitting Magazine - September 2006. It is made with Lion Suede and Fun Fur. It was a really fun project - except that suede is kind of tricky to work with. I think it looks quite nice - Let me know what you think:

I spread it out on Mark and Michelle's new couch -which is really comfy and matches the coat quite nicely (remember it's all about the knitting with me :-). But just to be sure that you get the full effect, I tried it on too:



Well at least I was smiling behind the plate. That's the funny part - I was! Sometimes I crack myself up!!

Another thing that gradulation parties are good for is checking out the knitting of others. Michelle has made some really cute tube tops that she made the pattern for out of her own. They are so cute. I took the picture of some of them - but they really don't do them justice unless they are on. As Michelle always says when I ask her "How do you know that they you would like them" and her reply is always, "They looked good on the dummy!" So Michelle has one of them on in the first pictures (funny how that story illustrated her point exactly - LOL! I know... I know....I'm just amusing myself again! Since I'm sharing...Michelle-isms - another one of my favorites is, "If you are the only one laughing - is it really funny? My answer is and always will be - "Of course, as long as I'm the one laughing!") . Anyway, She did a really nice job with the pattern making it change at the waist line (go ahead and scroll back up to the top and look - I'll wait here......).




Or here it is without the dummy:
The other one she made that I just loved is the yellow one with a black ribbon. Now, Michelle was not happy that I made her put it on early Sunday morning before I left - but for the best interest of the blogg - she complied. It's so pretty - really..... don't take my word on it - take a look yourself:

Where have I seen that look she has on her face again? Hmmmmmmmm........

Project update: I've been working on the bikini bottoms and had them almost done and had to rip them out because my pattern just wasn't working. They would have never stayed up in the water - well maybe into the water, but I never would have gotten out of the water. I think I have the dilemma solved and having been knitting all day to finish. I should have it done shortly so stay tuned!

Also - For all my Canadian friends and family - Happy Canada Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a large native woman in a knitted tube top!