Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lady Bug, Lady Bug, Fly Away Home!


So it all started in Flin Flon....the lady bug sweater pattern and buttons, I mean.

I got the lady bug buttons from my MIL aren't they cute as a button? Well....you know what I mean. The bag with all the bugs milling about makes me think of going to the zoo - with the animals all caged up. The knitting of the sweater releases them and sets them free (kind of profound now - don't you think!)....well, except for the whole being tied to the sweater so they stay in one place that is. Maybe again....not so much like a zoo at all - now that I think about it. Good, I was starting to feel like a member of PITA there for a second (Side Note: When I worked at Carolina Turkey's the lab manager used to tell me that I was a member of pita, which of course stood for: Pain In The Ass :-).

The pattern came from one of Jane's collection. I changed it slightly with the Fair Isle part of the pattern was green in the original - which I changed to black to set off the black in the lady bugs. Also the lady bugs had antennas in the original - which I took off because I have never seen a lady bug with an antenna! Sheeesh!!

There are a total of 19 lady bugs across the yoke of the sweater. (I actually got that term "yoke" from the pattern, but I thought that it made me sound very knitting knowledgeable so I just threw it into the bog very nonchalantly...it would have worked too - had I not had this aside. Douuh.....).

Take a closer look at the yoke - egg-citing isn't it?! Ok I couldn't resist the yoke joke.



























Now for the biggest critic of all - the George Smell test:
By George, I think he likes it!











Speaking of George, I think everyone needs a bit of George update. George goes
through stages of when he is interested in different things. And George is very stubborn, when he goes through these stages he only thinks about that one thing and drives you crazy until he gets what he wants. So George has always been fascinated with water, but he has taken it to a new level. Since hearing on the news how bottled water is nothing more than water that has been sent through a filter and the bottles are filling up our landfills at a very rapid rate - we decided to purchase a Brita water filter/container for our refrigerator. It's very nifty and fits easily in our refrigerator and has a spigot so you don't even have to take it out of the fridge. But George loves it!!!! He loves watching the water come out of it. He loves trying to drink the water as we pour his water into his bowl from the container (yes, George likes cold water)! George thinks that if we are getting a glass of water for ourselves - that it is really for him and he trys to drink out of it! Now he thinks that every time we open the refrigerator that we are getting water so he darts his head into the refrigerator. So we are having races to the refrigerator on a fairly regular basis. Not only that - but now if he sees a glass anywhere in the house - that it must have water in it - so he trys to drink out of it. If the level is too low for him to get his nose to it - he has figured out that it just easier to stick his paw in the glass and knock it over. So....we are now having water spilled all over the house!! The other day, while sleeping - George spied the water glass next to the bed and spilled it right onto my pillow - while I was sleeping!! Good Morning!!

So that's what we have been up to. Water you been up to?

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Totally cute Lady Bug Sweater! Just in time for Asian Beetle season too...at least at our house. Just in the past week we've started noticing the little Buggers (hehe) hanging around on the inside of the windows.

One of our cats had George's obsession with water in glasses...and the tipping over of said glasses. I don't keep a water glass on my bedside table anymore thanks to Piawacket.

Kelli said...

Dang....that is so adorable...just like the little girl this is for!!
You do such a great job!!

Anonymous said...

I love the sweater, You should start a in home business you would do such a great job :)

Anonymous said...

beware the Brita -- your husband is very anal about the Brita never going dry (must be some engineering thing)

Angela Kay Knitter said...

That comment about my husband is so not true. But very funny. He is anal about a lot of things - but so far he has been "letting" me take care of the Brita. Must be due to the fact that we always have beer in the fridge!!

debbie said...

Angela I have been looking for this sweater pattern...my mother knit this for her granddaughter now she would like to knit it for her great-granddaughter but she has lost the pattern...I was hoping you could help us out with this