Sunday, October 28, 2007

This Week Just Flu By....

I hope that you were feeling better this past week, than I did. I have viral gastroenteritis - which is a fancy way of saying that I have the stomach flu. Don't worry, I won't go into the gorry details, but needless to say that my coworkers should thank me for staying home the two days I did. Plus everyone knows that work is a fart free zone :-) at least it should be. You have to admit it's hard to take someone seriously if they are lighting them up every other minute. I went back on Wednesday - because three solid days of being completely alone (because my husband was of course traveling during my illness) was enough to drive me back to work.

I did manage to get two things accomplished -

1. I watched more than my fair share of daytime TV.
Here is a quick synopsis:
  • No Bob Barker - now that is disturbing. You would have thought that they would have at least repainted the set!
  • The View - a bunch of women talking at the same time. I think now that the blond chick is going on maternity leave that the show may have a chance.
  • Oprah - is on at 9am in the morning. What?! She was on at 3pm where I used to live so needless to say, I missed her every day.
  • Dr. Phil - is like watching divorce court. Two people arguing with the good doctor stopping them to give his quick quip and letting them go at it again!
  • Tyra Banks (Wait was that the chick in the Fresh Prince of Belaire?)- not bad - I think she's trying to edgy - but I'm not sure it's working. And what's with the bangs? Yuck.
  • Montel - no change.
  • Ellen - she is funny - well except for the whole crying jag about her pooch.
  • Soap Operas - I think that last time I tried to watch one of those I was in college and I think that it had the story line. I know it had some of the same actors - which made me feel old because they were teenagers back then and now they are old and some have gotten fat. Wow - that was an eye opener!
  • Reruns of reruns - there is a mind numbing amount of old shows on daytime TV.
I'm not sure of how many brain cells committed suicide by this onslaught of bad TV - but I think that I'm just starting to recover now.

2. I got the sleeves done for my sweater. Both of them! I have to admit that I thought that I would have been able to get more accomplished than just the sleeves - but I guess that proves that I was really sick.
Ok - here is a picture of one of the sleeves - but believe me I have another exactly the same.

Can you see the pattern at the top? I guess what I do is make the front and back of the sweater and do the pattern up to this same row number. Then I put them together and knit a yoke to the top of the sweater - the same way I had made that lady bug sweater. Isn't that funny that making that little sweater set me up for knowing how to make this one.

Before I go, I would like to thank George for keeping me company. There wasn't a time that he wasn't sleeping beside me or following me into the bathroom. If I did manage to leave him outside the door - - there he was scratching at the door. I always have this wild idea of what George does when we are not home and let me say that I'm glad that he was able to set aside all those plans and instead spent the days with me.

So here's to you George! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Its interesting how close a cat will stick to you when you are ill...weird actually...but welcome, I think! Anyway, welcome back to the Well-ville.