Saturday, April 21, 2007

Angela K and Her Technic-Color Felted Bag

So I got the felting bug. After all it's so cool. You have the power to shape a bag out of yarn! Something that you can use! I guess I'm excited about using stuff today - 2 explanation marks and it's only 9am! (Oops that makes 3).

I found a pattern that used 5 colors. This was really my first project where I had changed colors and the second that I made an I-cord with. It was a fun pattern - but again, I didn't know about how you can weave your ends in - or better yet carry them up the side so you don't have to tie them all in. So I did a lot more sewing of ends than necessary. But live and learn. This bag uses the purl side on the outside of the bag - to make it appear more blended color wise. But I thought that the knit side was really pretty and would also make a nice felted bag. Maybe if I run out of projects, I'll make one only inside out (I won't hold my breath just in case). The other thing, is that I found out that felted items also become kind of water proof. I've spilled a water and diet coke inside the bag and it just kind of beads up inside. I couldn't tell by the pattern but thought the lady in the yarn store told me to use two strands of yarn - so I did. It made a really sturdy bag. I can carry really heavy stuff and the bag really holds its shape. I was worried that I would run out of the dark purple so I knit in the other colors on the handle. I wouldn't do this again because the colors look odd alone like that and almost feel like the handle is a bit long.

Here is my new bag to carry lunch and items to and fro to work. We can call it my Technic-color Brief Case. I posted it in my cube at work and one lady did stop by to admire it. I was so proud!!


Close up please.

Nope nothing in here except a cool pattern!


George is checking out the bag! I think he's impressed to!! Plus it's wool so what's not to like??

No comments: