Saturday, April 28, 2007

Who knew Grasshoppers Knitted too?

Last October, I bought my sister-in-law (who happens to be my best friend) a teach yourself how to knit book and taught her the basics. Note: She now calls me the Knitting Master and I call her "Grasshopper". In fact, I started her out with a yarn oven over scarf which she picked up like a champ. She picked it up so fast!! Now she is off and running and knitting everything - plus changing and creating her own patterns. Here are some of the items that she has made since then.


Can you believe that this is a five day sweater? That means she knitted it in a record 5 days!!! There are two things that I love about this sweater. One is that she changed the pattern to give it shape in the waist. Two she made it for me!! Who doesn't love a hand made sweater?




This is the beanie that she made for a bunch of her guy buddies. It fits me too - but she says that I don't look good in hats just balaclavas so I don't get this one. Again she changed the pattern.


She calls this on the never ending sweater. It is knit two, purl two the entire way through. So you know how much that slows you down. It took her about a month (most would find that fast but when you have a five day sweater that's tough to beat!). Again pattern was changed around the straps and the length.


This is the cutest purse made out of fun fur. She made the pattern all on her own. It's so cute and functional (in a fashionable way).

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow.....Michelle is doing a great job too! I need to stick to scrapbooking yet.

Nancy said...

kelli - you need to pick up some sticks and fiber and find the ultimate ZEN experience!

Anonymous said...

I must say, that sweater looks at least like a 6 day sweater!